Thursday, April 19, 2007

Work (aka my life)

I moved up to NY hoping to work at this super well reputed place named Per Se, but when I interviewed they told me that there were no positions available and that I should check back....in about a year. Yeah, a year or so. That's a long time for those who thought they were gonna just walk on board, like myself. But looking back that was pretty arrogant of me to think that I could just walk into one of the best places in New York and expect a job. The Lord knows exactly what I needed. So, He lined me up with a job in a restaurant named Bouley. It has been around for about ten years, but has been consistently at the top in NY. It has two Michelin stars, which means its really good (the most you can get is three). It is intense. I mean really intense. I get a little bit scared whenever I make a mistake. For real. I'm learning a lot. This place might not focus on making everything as ridiculously meticulous or polished as Per Se, but the mechanics of cooking could be stronger (in my opinion). You need to be one of those dog eat dog, tough, fight fire with fire kinda cooks here. It's reputation is being one of, if not the most, challenging places to work in the city. I just pray everyday the I could live up to my ability, and focus on Him who gives it. Hopefully I'll get some pictures of the place sooner than later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey cole!
The new job sounds tough, but good. Glad to hear from ya, man.

b. nothnagle said...

hahaha - i SO have to call you, cole! maybe i will be able to this weekend, if i can get reception in Sebastian. surf camp this weekend - woohoo! anyways, praying for you and thanks for making the blog, bro. talk to you soon, i hope... :)

Matt said...

Whats up, How's NY Guy.

I was looking at some old pictures. they were takin in like 2003. we had a mullet wig, dude I was thinkin of you. Crazy

anyways man
Sweetness

(a)erin said...

hi Cole

glad your doing well. i miss your stories even if you did tell a few of them twice.